Exchange Programmes
Erasmus+ and International Exchange

If you are a student of the Faculty of Philosophy and Arts of the UVa and want to enjoy the Erasmus + Exchange Program or the International Exchange Program, follow these steps.

The first thing you should know is that to request an Erasmus + or International Exchange you have to meet a series of requirements:
  • Have at least 60 credits passed.
  • Comply with the language requirement. (You can find out about the courses offered by the UVa Language Center to get accreditation).
Compliance with these two requirements is mandatory before starting the Exchange, but you can obtain the conditional scholarship until you prove that you meet them.

In addition, you should know that the duration of this Exchange will be from a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 12 months. And that you will have academic recognition and financial aid from the Erasmus program, from the Junta de Castilla y León and the UVA, which will help partially cover your travel and accommodation expenses.

Each bilateral agreement has a counsellor in the university of departure (UVa) and in the destination university.

It is important that you contact, through the email that we provided in the previous point, with the person responsible for the agreement that you want to request to know the specific conditions of your destination.

In the case of International Agreements, you should contact the Vice Dean of Exchanges, Belén Artuñedo, at:

Before the beginning of the application period, the International Relations Service organizes an informative talk at the Faculty so that you can learn about every detail of Erasmus + and International Exchange and can clarify all the doubts that may arise.

The application period for the Erasmus + and International scholarship usually begins in October and lasts one month, so it is convenient that you have the documents ready to deliver them on those dates.

Here you will find the application dates.

Once you have obtained your Exchange grant, you have to enter SIGMA and fill in the Learning Agreement agreed with your RIB. You have to take into account a series of questions:
  • Subjects that have been failed at least once at UVa cannot be included in the Learning Agreement.
  • The maximum number of ECTS for UVa subjects is 60 for an academic year and 30 for a semester.
  • In general, the credits taken at destination and those that will be recognized at the UVa cannot differ more than 5 credits
  • Except for duly justified exceptional cases, the BA thesis cannot be an exchange subject (and, in any case, it will be presented and defended at the UVa)
  • The external internship subject can only be validated by another equivalent internship subject at the host university; It is important to make sure of this possibility before formalizing the Learning Agreement, asking the academic manager at UVa.
  • Language courses may not be recognized, in general, by curricular subjects here (this does not apply to specialized level subjects in English and Modern Languages)
Once approved and signed by your RIB, by the Vice Dean of Mobility and by the RRII Service of the Student House, you must deliver a copy to the Faculty Office before formalizing your enrollment, which will ALWAYS be done at the UVa.

The host University will contact you and provide you with a link to register as an Erasmus + or International student. In this link, information is provided on the accommodation offered by each university and the possibility of booking a room in a university residence. In that application you must also upload your Learning Agreement. If they do not ask you, you will have to deliver a copy as soon as you arrive at your destination so that they can enroll you in the subjects you have chosen.

When you arrive at your choice of university, you must contact your RIB there, so that they can sign the learning agreement, and go to the International Relations Service, which will sign Letter 1. It is essential that you send this signed document as soon as possible to (from the outgoing RRII Service) so that the payment of your scholarship can be processed.

You probably don’t need any help with this ; )

When you return to the UVa you will have to carry out some more procedures:
  • You must send LETTER 2 signed by the destination RRII Service by mail to
  • The EU will send you an email for you to complete the final OLS test.
  • The EU will send you an email so that you can complete the final report.
  • Your transcript of records (your marks) are sent by the host university to your RIB at the UVA or to RRII. As it sometimes takes time to arrive, it is important that you obtain a copy by mail and that you send it as soon as possible to your RIB, who is responsible for validating your grades and recognizing your credits. The validation is carried out through a model conversion table that you can consult on our website (here)
If you have any questions, you may be able to find the answer in Frequently Asked Questions

Those students who have carried out Erasmus study + internships for a minimum of 10 months will obtain this mention, the objective of which is to value mobility within the framework of the Erasmus Program. It does not apply to international mobility. It has begun to apply in the 2019-20 academic year.